University students in Zhejiang clashed with police officers after kidnapping their principal in an attempt to block a merger with a technical college. Mass protests on college campuses are exceedingly rare in China. Although...
by Grace | May 18, 2019
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2017
This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 24, 2015
The New Left Review talks to Joshua Wong, 18-year-old founder of the Scholarism student movement...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2014
The Wall Street Journal’s Chao Deng, Patrick Boehler and Chen Yifei at the South China...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods