Weibo user @公孙宇的世界 has posted this image of a notice from the Karamay Public Security Bureau concerning yesterday’s unrest in Turpan, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region: The media have already been silenced on the Xinjiang...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 9, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 28, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet Instructions” series to the Censorship Vault. These directives were originally published on Canyu.org (Participate) and date from 2005...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China