These are trying times for imaginary friends, and for the media outlets who rely on them for timely, conveniently “on-message” quotes. A July 24 Facebook post by purported Swiss biologist Wilson Edwards cast doubt on the WHO...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 3, 2010
Switzerland has agreed to accept two Uighur brothers who have been held in legal limbo in the Guantanamo Bay detention center since 2002. From the Washington Post: In accepting the brothers, the Swiss government resisted...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 12, 2005
From NZZ online: Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey has warned that while China’s economy is booming, the country’s respect for human rights still needs to be improved. Speaking at the Swiss International Business Forum in Zurich, she said the “substantial progress” made by the Chinese government in recent years was to be welcomed. “But there still […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods