The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 3, 2010
Switzerland has agreed to accept two Uighur brothers who have been held in legal limbo in the Guantanamo Bay detention center since 2002. From the Washington Post: In accepting the brothers, the Swiss government resisted...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 12, 2005
From NZZ online: Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey has warned that while China’s economy is booming, the country’s respect for human rights still needs to be improved. Speaking at the Swiss International Business Forum in Zurich, she said the “substantial progress” made by the Chinese government in recent years was to be welcomed. “But there still […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms