The AP reports that China’s National People’s Congress is likely to roll back the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 13, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 17, 2013
Following a court judgment on Monday awarding damages for her wrongful incarceration in a re-education through labor camp, “petitioning mother” Tang Hui has traveled to Beijing to pursue compensation for her...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 15, 2013
Tang Hui won a court appeal on Monday in the latest chapter of a saga that began in 2006, with the kidnapping, rape and beating of her then 11-year-old daughter. Two men were subsequently sentenced to death, four to life in...
by Scott Greene | Jan 8, 2013
The Chinese government will pursue reforms to its Re-education Through Labor (RTL) system, according to a report in Xinhua News which followed a national political and legal work conference in Beijing on Monday. From the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms