The AP reports that China’s National People’s Congress is likely to roll back the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 13, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 17, 2013
Following a court judgment on Monday awarding damages for her wrongful incarceration in a re-education through labor camp, “petitioning mother” Tang Hui has traveled to Beijing to pursue compensation for her...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 15, 2013
Tang Hui won a court appeal on Monday in the latest chapter of a saga that began in 2006, with the kidnapping, rape and beating of her then 11-year-old daughter. Two men were subsequently sentenced to death, four to life in...
by Scott Greene | Jan 8, 2013
The Chinese government will pursue reforms to its Re-education Through Labor (RTL) system, according to a report in Xinhua News which followed a national political and legal work conference in Beijing on Monday. From the...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism