On July 1, Hong Kong-based Lutheran pastor Philip Woo was called to the religious affairs bureau...
Three-Self Patriotic Movement
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 3, 2014
While officials in Zhejiang Province have denied that recent church demolitions and cross removals...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 17, 2014
Three family members of Zhang Shaojie, the Christian pastor who was recently sentenced to 12 years...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 24, 2013
The AP reports that a Christian congregation’s Christmas meeting in Nanle county, Henan...
by Wu Nan | Oct 1, 2006
From Washington Post: A new breed of churches in this region of China has demonstrated a boldness and independence unmatched elsewhere in the country, despite strict government guidelines for places of worship. Here in Wenzhou and the surrounding province of Zhejiang, just south of Shanghai, a growing number of congregations that began life as house […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”