On July 1, Hong Kong-based Lutheran pastor Philip Woo was called to the religious affairs bureau...
Three-Self Patriotic Movement
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 3, 2014
While officials in Zhejiang Province have denied that recent church demolitions and cross removals...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 17, 2014
Three family members of Zhang Shaojie, the Christian pastor who was recently sentenced to 12 years...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 24, 2013
The AP reports that a Christian congregation’s Christmas meeting in Nanle county, Henan...
by Wu Nan | Oct 1, 2006
From Washington Post: A new breed of churches in this region of China has demonstrated a boldness and independence unmatched elsewhere in the country, despite strict government guidelines for places of worship. Here in Wenzhou and the surrounding province of Zhejiang, just south of Shanghai, a growing number of congregations that began life as house […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods