Citing Tibetan sources, Radio Free Asia reports that a 63-year-old Tibetan monk named Tenga has...
by Cindy | Jun 16, 2014
On Monday, as three people in Xinjiang were sentenced to death in connection with a jeep attack at...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 16, 2009
From Der Spiegel: Tuesday marks the 50th anniversary of the 1959 revolt in Tibet against China and the Dalai Lama’s flight from the country. Despite decades of repression, the Tibetans living under Chinese control still...
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 16, 2008
Wang Xianchang (王憲棠) writes an interesting essay (in Chinese) on the Hong Kong Ming Pao Daily, relating two major news events: Tibet unrest and the Wenchuan earthquake. Roland Soong translated the essay on his EastSouthWestNorth...
by Japhet Weeks | Apr 15, 2008
Simon Montlake recaps recent Dalai-Lama related news in the Christian Science Monitor: The Dalai Lama’s high-profile visit is stirring pro- and anti-China sentiment in the US as the White House prepares to host the exiled...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China