The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 18, 2014
Li Keqiang’s three-day visit to the U.K. got into full swing on Tuesday, with the Chinese premier meeting both the Queen and his British counterpart David Cameron. Deals and declarations were announced, covering trade...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
News came on Wednesday of Max Baucus’ selection—pending senate approval—to succeed departing...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 14, 2013
On a weeklong trade mission to China, California Governor Jerry Brown is seeking to promote Chinese investment in the U.S. state’s enormous but struggling economy, and Chinese media has been taking note. On Friday in...
by Melissa M. Chan | Feb 17, 2013
According to Reuters, North Korea has told China that it is prepared to stage one or two more nuclear tests this year. This information emerged after China’s condemnation of North Korea’s underground nuclear tests....
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms