The Guardian’s Africa correspondent David Smith reports that China will soon send 700 combat...
UN Security Council
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 18, 2014
After a year-long investigation, a United Nations panel handed a report to the UN Human Rights...
by cdtstaff | Oct 5, 2011
China and Russia have banded together to veto a UN Security Council Resolution calling for Syrian ruler Bashar Al-Assad to halt the Syrian government’s crackdown on protesters. From CNN: Russia and China blocked efforts of...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 10, 2009
After North Korea launched nuclear tests in May, the UN Security Council are imposing stricter searches on cargo entering and exiting North Korea. From the Times: The major powers, including the United States and China, agreed...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 9, 2009
As China is getting pressed for the recent North Korean nuclear missile tests as well as having two American journalists being sentenced for reporting on refugees in China, a South Korea representative is going to Beijing. From...
by Matthias Giessler | Jun 25, 2008
According to Jan Eliasson, the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to the Darfur region, negotiations aimed at ending the conflict in the Darfur region of Sudan have stalled and neither the Sudanese government nor the rebel...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions