The Guardian’s Africa correspondent David Smith reports that China will soon send 700 combat...
UN Security Council
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 18, 2014
After a year-long investigation, a United Nations panel handed a report to the UN Human Rights...
by cdtstaff | Oct 5, 2011
China and Russia have banded together to veto a UN Security Council Resolution calling for Syrian ruler Bashar Al-Assad to halt the Syrian government’s crackdown on protesters. From CNN: Russia and China blocked efforts of...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 10, 2009
After North Korea launched nuclear tests in May, the UN Security Council are imposing stricter searches on cargo entering and exiting North Korea. From the Times: The major powers, including the United States and China, agreed...
by Jenny Leung | Jun 9, 2009
As China is getting pressed for the recent North Korean nuclear missile tests as well as having two American journalists being sentenced for reporting on refugees in China, a South Korea representative is going to Beijing. From...
by Matthias Giessler | Jun 25, 2008
According to Jan Eliasson, the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to the Darfur region, negotiations aimed at ending the conflict in the Darfur region of Sudan have stalled and neither the Sudanese government nor the rebel...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods