More than a year after a Mandiant report accused a PLA unit of sustained hacking attacks against...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 28, 2014
Brian Krebs describes the discovery of security breaches at three Israeli defense contractors,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 8, 2014
While the U.S.’ recent indictments against five alleged PLA hackers targeted the human side of...
by Little Bluegill | Feb 20, 2013
After China’s Ministry of National Defense denied allegations made by U.S. cyber security company Mandiant that People’s Liberation Army Unit 61398 had been conducting hacking activities against targets within the U.S. and a...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 19, 2013
In the recent string of hacking attacks against American newspapers, government departments and other organizations, the difficulty of definitively attributing such actions has been a recurring theme. Chinese authorities have...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China