More than a year after a Mandiant report accused a PLA unit of sustained hacking attacks against...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 28, 2014
Brian Krebs describes the discovery of security breaches at three Israeli defense contractors,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 8, 2014
While the U.S.’ recent indictments against five alleged PLA hackers targeted the human side of...
by Little Bluegill | Feb 20, 2013
After China’s Ministry of National Defense denied allegations made by U.S. cyber security company Mandiant that People’s Liberation Army Unit 61398 had been conducting hacking activities against targets within the U.S. and a...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 19, 2013
In the recent string of hacking attacks against American newspapers, government departments and other organizations, the difficulty of definitively attributing such actions has been a recurring theme. Chinese authorities have...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods