The following censorship instructions, issued by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Changle District People’s Government Office [Fujian Province]: Recently, foreign reporters were in Fuqing...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 14, 2019
Last Saturday, The Wall Street Journal’s Josh Chin examined the emergence of distinct...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2014
China currently has a gender ratio of 117 men to 100 women, leading men in rural areas of China to...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 25, 2014
While China grapples with the economic and demographic consequences of its family planning...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 18, 2014
Li Keqiang’s three-day visit to the U.K. got into full swing on Tuesday, with the Chinese premier meeting both the Queen and his British counterpart David Cameron. Deals and declarations were announced, covering trade...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism