Reuters’ Paul Carsten reports that over 1,000 workers at a Foxconn factory in Chongqing went...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 21, 2013
A planned relaxation of the one-child policy has been among the most widely discussed aspects of...
by Scott Greene | Jan 22, 2013
China’s National Bureau of Statistics announced last Friday that the working age population decreased by 3.45 million in 2012, according to The People’s Daily: It is first time the country has recorded an absolute...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods