“I’m free. Thanks!” wrote Weibo whistle-blower “Huazong” (花总) on Wednesday, after the Chaoyang...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 28, 2012
This week, Drawing the News showcases political cartoons on the anti-Japan protests, CCTV’s attempt at populism and official corruption: Artist: Rebel Pepper (via Over the Wall) Rebel Pepper comments on the vigor of recent...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 24, 2012
As of September 24, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function): “Watch Brother” Gone, “Watch Uncle” in Crosshairs: Last month, Shaanxi Provincial Work Safety...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China