“I’m free. Thanks!” wrote Weibo whistle-blower “Huazong” (花总) on Wednesday, after the Chaoyang...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 28, 2012
This week, Drawing the News showcases political cartoons on the anti-Japan protests, CCTV’s attempt at populism and official corruption: Artist: Rebel Pepper (via Over the Wall) Rebel Pepper comments on the vigor of recent...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 24, 2012
As of September 24, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function): “Watch Brother” Gone, “Watch Uncle” in Crosshairs: Last month, Shaanxi Provincial Work Safety...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions