“I’m free. Thanks!” wrote Weibo whistle-blower “Huazong” (花总) on Wednesday, after the Chaoyang...
Sep 12, 2013
Former urban management official Cai Bin, dubbed “Uncle House” by enraged netizens...
Sep 5, 2013
Last August, Shaanxi Provincial Work Safety Administration Chief Yang Dacai became the target of...
Sep 28, 2012
This week, Drawing the News showcases political cartoons on the anti-Japan protests, CCTV’s attempt at populism and official corruption: Artist: Rebel Pepper (via Over the Wall) Rebel Pepper comments on the vigor of recent...
Sep 24, 2012
As of September 24, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function): “Watch Brother” Gone, “Watch Uncle” in Crosshairs: Last month, Shaanxi Provincial Work Safety...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report