CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 10, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 7, 2014
The AP reports that an earthquake in Yunnan Province on Tuesday evening has killed at least one...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2014
As the Xi administration’s drive to root corruption out of the Communist Party continues,...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 8, 2014
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods