In the run-up to the election for Hong Kong’s chief executive on March 26, Beijing has sent...
by Cindy | May 18, 2016
The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe and Austin Ramzy report that relations with Taiwan and...
by Sophie Beach | May 17, 2016
Zhang Dejiang, the third in command in the Communist Party after Xi Jinping and Li Keqiang, is the...
by Scott Greene | Feb 24, 2014
Analysts expect that China’s new National Security Commission, which is expected to be...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 15, 2012
Today reporters poured into the Great Hall of the People to hear the long-awaited announcement of who had been named to the Standing Committee, the elite group of men who run the country. While waiting for the press conference...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 15, 2012
The sacking of former Chongqing Party Secretary Bo Xilai has sent shockwaves through Chinese political circles. It has also dominated online conversations and quickly become the top trending topic on Sina Weibo, though posts are...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’