Legal scholar Zhang Xuezhong, 43, was briefly detained in Shanghai after writing an open letter on WeChat addressed to delegates of the National People’s Congress, which is set to meet at the end of this month after...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 19, 2015
The trial of a lawyer and two activists for inciting subversion was aborted on Friday after the...
by Sophie Beach | May 12, 2015
In recent days, many Internet users in China have been closely following the story of Xu Chunhe, a...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 10, 2013
In a case that echoes that of Professor Xia Yeliang, an outspoken professor has been dismissed...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods