February 20, 2014 12:13 PM
activists Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 Andy Warhol Apple art art censorship art collectors art exhibitions artistic freedom artists art market arts badiucao Beijing berlin books Cai Guo-Qiang contemporary art contemporary artists Cultural Revolution dashanzi documentaries education Evan Osnos foreigners in China Foxconn freedom of expression Germany Global Times Huang Yong Ping IPad June 4th Mao Zedong mo yan Nobel Prize painters painting performance art photography propaganda sculpture self-immolations Shanghai tax evasion United States videos Yue minjun Zao Wou-ki zhang xiaogang
May 10, 2013 1:35 PM
Video has surfaced of the destruction of a “million dollar” Han Dynasty urn that had been repainted by Ai Weiwei. The vase was smashed
At the Miami New Times, Michael E. Miller reports the destruction of a vase in an Ai Weiwei exhibition by local artist Maximo Caminero: “I
February 17, 2014 5:39 PM
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She has designed pop-ups for award-winning stop motion
January 8, 2014 1:24 PM
- Ten Questions for Cartoonist Badiucao (巴丢草)
- Canadian Artist’s Work Vanishes in Beij...
- North Korean Propaganda Artists Paint a Rosy ...
- Meet Ai Weiwei’s Artist Brother
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Ai Weiwei In The News Again
- Ai Weiwei’s Eighty-One Days
- Zhang Daqian Outsells Picasso
- Artist Zhao Zhao: ‘I Try To Resist Bein...
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless
- Artist Puts iPad on Pedestal
- Tibetan Man Self-Immolates, Dies in Gansu
- Mao Portraits Barred from Chinese Leg of Warh...
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- Zao Wou-Ki: China’s Highest-Selling Liv...
- Ai Weiwei Protege Zhao Zhao Under Pressure