June 6, 2014 10:28 PM
activists Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 Andy Warhol Apple art art censorship art collectors art exhibitions artistic freedom artists art market arts Beijing berlin Cai Guo-Qiang contemporary art contemporary artists Cultural Revolution dashanzi detention documentaries education Evan Osnos foreigners in China Foxconn freedom of expression Germany Global Times Huang Yong Ping IPad June 4th Mao Zedong mo yan Nobel Prize painters painting performance art photography propaganda sculpture self-immolations Shanghai tax evasion Tiananmen Square United States videos Yue minjun Zao Wou-ki zhang xiaogang
May 10, 2013 1:35 PM
The passing of Wednesday’s Tiananmen anniversary has brought apparent resolution to the cases of a few of the dozens detained ahead of it,
Texan Lance Crayon, in China since 2009, has produced a documentary film exploring the tiny street art scene in China, where graffiti is surprisingly
April 22, 2014 12:10 PM
Video has surfaced of the destruction of a “million dollar” Han Dynasty urn that had been repainted by Ai Weiwei. The vase was smashed
February 20, 2014 12:13 PM
- “$1m” Ai Weiwei Vase Smashed in M...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colet...
- Ten Questions for Cartoonist Badiucao (巴丢草)
- Canadian Artist’s Work Vanishes in Beij...
- North Korean Propaganda Artists Paint a Rosy ...
- Meet Ai Weiwei’s Artist Brother
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Ai Weiwei In The News Again
- Ai Weiwei’s Eighty-One Days
- Zhang Daqian Outsells Picasso
- Artist Zhao Zhao: ‘I Try To Resist Bein...
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless
- Artist Puts iPad on Pedestal
- Tibetan Man Self-Immolates, Dies in Gansu
- Mao Portraits Barred from Chinese Leg of Warh...
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...