December 4, 2013 11:09 PM
Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 art art censorship art exhibitions artistic freedom art market arts Beijing berlin Cai Guo-Qiang contemporary art contemporary artists dashanzi foreigners in China freedom of expression Germany Global Times Mao Zedong painters painting performance art propaganda sculpture Shanghai tax evasion videos Yue minjun Zao Wou-ki zhang xiaogang
May 10, 2013 1:35 PM
Badiucao recently joined CDT as a contributing cartoonist. The artist, who currently lives in Australia, is one of China’s most popular
A Canadian artist fears that work he sent for an exhibition in Beijing is now lost, but it is unclear whether it is in the hands of censors or conmen.
November 2, 2013 9:34 PM
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
- Meet Ai Weiwei’s Artist Brother
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Ai Weiwei In The News Again
- Ai Weiwei’s Eighty-One Days
- Zhang Daqian Outsells Picasso
- Artist Zhao Zhao: ‘I Try To Resist Bein...
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless
- Artist Puts iPad on Pedestal
- Tibetan Man Self-Immolates, Dies in Gansu
- Mao Portraits Barred from Chinese Leg of Warh...
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- Zao Wou-Ki: China’s Highest-Selling Liv...
- Ai Weiwei Protege Zhao Zhao Under Pressure
- Ai Weiwei and Fragments of a Cultural Past
- Online and by Paper Airplane, Donations Pour ...
- Ai Weiwei Will Fight Tax Charges "To the...