July 17, 2014 11:59 AM
2008 Beijing Olympics agriculture auto industry Beijing book reviews books CCTV censorship democracy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth financial crisis 2008-2009 foreign companies Foxconn Guangdong Hong Kong Internet censorship labor rights manufacturing media censorship migrant workers military Ministry of Truth Netizen Voices People's Liberation Army petitioners photos police violence political cartoons political humor propaganda protests public health riots sex Shandong Shenzhen Sichuan sina weibo social unrest sports state media suicide unemployment wealth gap weibo writers Yuan rate Yunnan Zhejiang
December 19, 2008 4:45 PM
Following a China Labor Watch report released last week alleging the use of child labor at a Dongguan factory that makes phone components for
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
April 24, 2014 9:06 PM
Edward Wong at the New York Times looks at how the crackdown on the sex trade in Dongguan, Guangdong Province has impacted the local economy: “In
March 7, 2014 12:10 PM
- Migrant Workers Mysteriously Dying in Donggua...
- Minitrue: Do Not Oppose CCTV Dongguan Report
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Netizen Voices: Cancel the Trip to Dongguan
- River Crabbed: Prostitution Bust in Dongguan
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- Chinese Democracy Has its Benefits
- Minitrue: Beijing Airport Bomber Lawsuit
- Ministry of Truth: Occupiers, Workers, Molest...
- Southern China’s Unwanted Masses
- Chinese Toy Makers’ Struggles Dim Chris...
- Migrant Workers Trek Back to Sichuan
- A Blue Christmas at China’s Own North P...
- Reverberations of World Recession Rock a City...
- Chinese Police Find Child Slaves
- From Job Placements to Child Labor Smuggling
- Factories Face Survival of The Fittest