March 7, 2014 12:10 PM
asia economy auto industry Beijing airport bomb bomb threat book reviews books boston marathon bombing CCTV censorship child labor children's rights Chingqing Christmas democracy Directives from the Ministry of Truth Disney dog cull dongguan Dongguan prostitution bust Drawing the News economic growth events explosions export factory workers financial crisis 2008-2009 Foshan Foxconn Guangdong Hainan Hong Kong human trafficking labor rights manufacturing mcdonalds migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos police violence propaganda prostitution sex sex industry Shenzhen Sichuan toy industry toys unemployment weibo
December 19, 2008 4:45 PM
Edward Wong at the New York Times looks at how the crackdown on the sex trade in Dongguan, Guangdong Province has impacted the local economy: “In
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central
February 17, 2014 4:25 PM
Soon after CCTV aired an exposé on prostitution in China’s “sex capital,” authorities in the southern city of Dongguan arrested 67 prostitutes
February 17, 2014 2:54 PM
- Netizen Voices: Cancel the Trip to Dongguan
- River Crabbed: Prostitution Bust in Dongguan
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- Chinese Democracy Has its Benefits
- Minitrue: Beijing Airport Bomber Lawsuit
- Ministry of Truth: Occupiers, Workers, Molest...
- Southern China’s Unwanted Masses
- Chinese Toy Makers’ Struggles Dim Chris...
- Migrant Workers Trek Back to Sichuan
- A Blue Christmas at China’s Own North P...
- Reverberations of World Recession Rock a City...
- Chinese Police Find Child Slaves
- From Job Placements to Child Labor Smuggling
- Factories Face Survival of The Fittest
- Pig Farming Banned in Dongguan – The Be...
- Disney Toy Suppliers Accused of Labor Abuse a...
- Slideshow: Child Labor