July 17, 2014 11:59 AM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption Dalai Lama democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
December 19, 2008 4:45 PM
Following a China Labor Watch report released last week alleging the use of child labor at a Dongguan factory that makes phone components for
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
April 24, 2014 9:06 PM
Edward Wong at the New York Times looks at how the crackdown on the sex trade in Dongguan, Guangdong Province has impacted the local economy: “In
March 7, 2014 12:10 PM
- Migrant Workers Mysteriously Dying in Donggua...
- Minitrue: Do Not Oppose CCTV Dongguan Report
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Netizen Voices: Cancel the Trip to Dongguan
- River Crabbed: Prostitution Bust in Dongguan
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- Chinese Democracy Has its Benefits
- Minitrue: Beijing Airport Bomber Lawsuit
- Ministry of Truth: Occupiers, Workers, Molest...
- Southern China’s Unwanted Masses
- Chinese Toy Makers’ Struggles Dim Chris...
- Migrant Workers Trek Back to Sichuan
- A Blue Christmas at China’s Own North P...
- Reverberations of World Recession Rock a City...
- Chinese Police Find Child Slaves
- From Job Placements to Child Labor Smuggling
- Factories Face Survival of The Fittest