July 17, 2014 11:59 AM
2008 Beijing Olympics agriculture asia economy auto industry Beijing Beijing airport bomb bomb threat book reviews books boston marathon bombing Cangnan CCTV censorship chengguan child labor compensation consumer electronics death democracy Directives from the Ministry of Truth Disney dog cull dongguan Dongguan prostitution bust Drawing the News economic growth events explosions export factory workers financial crisis 2008-2009 foreign companies Foshan Foxconn Guangdong Hainan Hong Kong hong kong elections human trafficking infrastructure Internet censorship iPod labor labor conditions labor rights Liangshan manufacturing mcdonalds media censorship
December 19, 2008 4:45 PM
Following a China Labor Watch report released last week alleging the use of child labor at a Dongguan factory that makes phone components for
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
April 24, 2014 9:06 PM
Edward Wong at the New York Times looks at how the crackdown on the sex trade in Dongguan, Guangdong Province has impacted the local economy: “In
March 7, 2014 12:10 PM
- Migrant Workers Mysteriously Dying in Donggua...
- Minitrue: Do Not Oppose CCTV Dongguan Report
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Netizen Voices: Cancel the Trip to Dongguan
- River Crabbed: Prostitution Bust in Dongguan
- Airport Bomber Wins Praise, Reinvestigation
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- Chinese Democracy Has its Benefits
- Minitrue: Beijing Airport Bomber Lawsuit
- Ministry of Truth: Occupiers, Workers, Molest...
- Southern China’s Unwanted Masses
- Chinese Toy Makers’ Struggles Dim Chris...
- Migrant Workers Trek Back to Sichuan
- A Blue Christmas at China’s Own North P...
- Reverberations of World Recession Rock a City...
- Chinese Police Find Child Slaves
- From Job Placements to Child Labor Smuggling
- Factories Face Survival of The Fittest