September 8, 2014 2:47 PM
18th party congress air pollution anti-Japan protests anti-japan protests 2012 badiucao Beijing CCTV censorship chengguan Chinese Dream corruption Cultural Revolution Deng Zhengjia diaoyu islands Drawing the News environmental protests forced demolitions Gangnam style history Hong Kong Hong Kong democracy hong kong elections household registration Hu Jintao Hunan Internet censorship leadership transition lei zhengfu mo yan netizens New Citizens Movement official corruption patriotism Politburo Standing Committee political cartoonists political cartoons political humor political satire re-education through labor Rebel Pepper Red Guards sex scandals Shanghai sina weibo Taiwan tigers and flies water pollution weibo Xi Jinping Xu Zhiyong
For the Mid-Autumn Festival, cartoonist zwxrl illustrates a story he likes to tell his friends. In a distant land, an old woman waits for her son
A roundup of online political cartoons and Weibo comments on Beijing’s August 31 announcement of rules for Hong Kong’s 2017 election
September 8, 2014 1:05 PM
A roundup of online political cartoons reflecting headlines from August 15 to September 1. Click any image to launch the slideshow view.
September 2, 2014 4:28 PM
- Drawing the News: Guo Meimei’s Dirty La...
- Drawing the News: Hong Kong Referendum
- Drawing the News: Blood Spilt Yesterday, Toda...
- Drawing the News: So Many Lawyers
- Drawing the News: Lanzhou Water, Maoming PX, ...
- Drawing the News: Sunflowers and State Funera...
- Drawing the News: Know What I’m Saying?
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- Drawing the News: The Ring of Fail
- Drawing the News: The Right to Remain Silent
- Drawing the News: Apology Not Accepted
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping Orders Lunch
- Drawing the News: Birthday Season
- Drawing the News: Chinese Dream, Chinese Nigh...
- Drawing the News: Pipeline Explosion and More
- Drawing the News: Third Plenum Reflections
- These Smoggy Days Are Yours and Mine
- Drawing the News: Photoshop Failure and More