June 30, 2014 4:01 PM
Aksai Chin Andrew Nathan anti-censorship tools Arunachal Pradesh Barack Obama blocked keywords censorship central propaganda department chengguan Chen Guangcheng China's rise Cold War containment Deng Bolun diaoyu islands Directives from the Ministry of Truth Falun Gong forced abortions forced sterilization freegate Gao Zhisheng Gary Locke global economy Global Times Googlecn Guangdong human rights activists human rights conditions human rights policy human rights watch India international norms international order international relations International Religious Freedom Report Internet censorship Internet control islam James Fallows Japan Jerome cohen john kerry journalism kenneth lieberthal Kurt Campbell legal reform Lei Feng Liu Qiang Liu Xiaobo media censorship
February 15, 2013 11:38 PM
While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama told NPR in May that “we do not have an interest
A new passport design incorporating a controversial map of China has met a range of responses from neighbouring countries over the last week. The
November 27, 2012 2:00 PM
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies by various central (and sometimes local) government
November 5, 2012 9:48 PM
- US Defends Value of Human Rights Dialogue
- US-China Human Rights Talks Begin in Washingt...
- Chen Guangcheng Begins Life in New York
- “Commitment Contract” for Xinjiang Muslims
- U.S. Consulate HK Speaks Shanghainese
- The Sorry State of Human Rights in America
- U.S. Consulate H.K. “Acts Cute” with People’s...
- Sensitive Words: Foreigners and Cannibals (Co...
- U.S. Risks China’s Ire with Decision to...
- Google Faces Fallout as China Reacts to Site ...
- U.S. Human Rights Report Hits China, Iran
- State Dept. Human Rights Report Faults China&...