June 30, 2014 4:01 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise climate change corruption Dalai Lama diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
February 15, 2013 11:38 PM
While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama told NPR in May that “we do not have an interest
A new passport design incorporating a controversial map of China has met a range of responses from neighbouring countries over the last week. The
November 27, 2012 2:00 PM
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies by various central (and sometimes local) government
November 5, 2012 9:48 PM
- US Defends Value of Human Rights Dialogue
- US-China Human Rights Talks Begin in Washingt...
- Chen Guangcheng Begins Life in New York
- “Commitment Contract” for Xinjiang Muslims
- U.S. Consulate HK Speaks Shanghainese
- The Sorry State of Human Rights in America
- U.S. Consulate H.K. “Acts Cute” with People’s...
- Sensitive Words: Foreigners and Cannibals (Co...
- U.S. Risks China’s Ire with Decision to...
- Google Faces Fallout as China Reacts to Site ...
- U.S. Human Rights Report Hits China, Iran
- State Dept. Human Rights Report Faults China&...