As of July 26, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for user” function):
• mayor (市长)
• briefing (通报): A Beijing spokesperson announced the new official death toll, revised up to 77.
• death toll (死亡人数)
• Fangshan + death (房山+死亡): The Fangshan district is one of the most severely hit by the flood.
• Beijing + death (北京+死亡)
• Beijing + Ji Lin (北京+吉林): Refers to Ji Lin, one of Beijing’s vice mayors, who resigned yesterday along with Mayor Guo Jinlong.
• secretary + resign (书记+辞职)
• secretary + leave class (书记+下课): Refers to leaving office.
• Li Shixiang (李士祥): Another vice mayor.
• Anshun (安顺): Wang Anshun has taken over as acting mayor.
• Jinlong (金龙): Guo Jinlong
• Zhang Gaoli (张高丽): Party Committee Secretary of Tianjin, accused by netizens of covering up the cause of the Tianjin mall fire in June. Many have been comparing Zhang to Guo over the past few days.
See also yesterday’s list of sensitive words related to the flood.
Note: All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information. To add words, check out the form at the bottom of CDT Chinese’s latest sensitive words post.