As of October 31, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function):
Wen Jiabao Family Wealth: See also reports from October 28 and 26.
- Wang Weidong (王卫东): One of the Wen family lawyers.
- Bai Tao (白涛): The other Wen family lawyer.
- 2.7b: Abbreviation for 2.7 billion, the estimated value of the Wen family personal assets.
- 27 + U.S. dollars (27+美元)
- Niu Shi (纽时): Abbreviation for the New York Times (纽约时报).
- Twisttimes (扭腰times): “Twist” (扭腰 niǔyāo, like the 1950s dance) sounds similar to New York (纽约 Niǔyuē).
- Moon Moon Bird (月月鸟): These are the components of the character 鹏 Péng, referring to former prime minister Li Peng, infamous for declaring martial law in Beijing during the Tiananmen protests. Li has recently donated RMB 3 million for student aid to Yanan University.
- Rita Fan (范徐丽泰): Former president of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong and a member of the Hong Kong delegation to the National People's Congress.
Note: All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information. To add words, check out the form at the bottom of CDT Chinese’s latest sensitive words post.