Using methods that include censoring posts, hiding or deleting profiles and proposing that users practice self-censorship, LinkedIn continues to cleanse its Chinese platform for the benefit of the CCP. This week, several Western...
by Oliver Young | Sep 7, 2021
On August 30, Taiwan’s Ministry of Culture introduced a new English-language news and media streaming platform, Taiwan Plus (Taiwan+). The government-backed platform was established specifically for international audiences, with...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 12, 2014
Nine people have been arrested in connection to the brutal February 27 attack on the former chief...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 27, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by central government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Chinese journalists and bloggers often refer to these instructions as “Directives from the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 22, 2013
From the Censorship Vault features previously untranslated censorship instructions from the archives of the CDT series Directives from the Ministry of Truth (真理部指令). QuanzhouNet: Provincial Propaganda Notice Carry only domestic...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 13, 2013
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods