China’s State Council has unveiled a series of proposals aiming to protect the estimated 61...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 12, 2015
The deaths—by suicide, violent attack, or apparent accident—of children in rural areas have...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 8, 2006
Research-China.org has posted a translation of an article in Fenghuang Weekly about human trafficking through orphanages in Hunan Province. This translation is the second in a series of reports about the scandal. The first article is available here. From the second installment: The mother of Duan Meilin, Chen Yejin, had previously worked at a welfare […]
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 29, 2005
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods