China’s State Council has unveiled a series of proposals aiming to protect the estimated 61...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 12, 2015
The deaths—by suicide, violent attack, or apparent accident—of children in rural areas have...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 8, 2006
Research-China.org has posted a translation of an article in Fenghuang Weekly about human trafficking through orphanages in Hunan Province. This translation is the second in a series of reports about the scandal. The first article is available here. From the second installment: The mother of Duan Meilin, Chen Yejin, had previously worked at a welfare […]
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 29, 2005
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China