The South China Morning Post has shared an English-subtitled version of an ultra-nationalistic...
by Jenny Leung | Nov 26, 2008
In relation to a previous article on CDT, Chen Daojun (陈道军), the journalist/activist sentenced to three years in prison for three articles posted online, follows a growing trend of bloggers and other citizens being arrested for...
by Xiao Qiang | May 4, 2008
Beijing-based Global Times (环球时报) is owned by the People’s Daily and presents a more sensational, and therefore popular, official version of international news. The Global Times website has become an online gathering place...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 20, 2008
From The Los Angeles Times, David Pierson reported from Los Angeles: Throngs of Chinese Americans protested outside CNN’s offices in Hollywood on Saturday morning, calling for the dismissal of commentator Jack Cafferty,...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers