The South China Morning Post has shared an English-subtitled version of an ultra-nationalistic...
by Jenny Leung | Nov 26, 2008
In relation to a previous article on CDT, Chen Daojun (陈道军), the journalist/activist sentenced to three years in prison for three articles posted online, follows a growing trend of bloggers and other citizens being arrested for...
by Xiao Qiang | May 4, 2008
Beijing-based Global Times (环球时报) is owned by the People’s Daily and presents a more sensational, and therefore popular, official version of international news. The Global Times website has become an online gathering place...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 20, 2008
From The Los Angeles Times, David Pierson reported from Los Angeles: Throngs of Chinese Americans protested outside CNN’s offices in Hollywood on Saturday morning, calling for the dismissal of commentator Jack Cafferty,...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020