Chinese state media reported last week that Beijing’s subway system will soon use facial recognition technology to classify and divide passengers into groups for different security screenings. The news was announced at the end...
by Natalie Ornell | Jun 6, 2014
Following a series of deadly attacks attributed to Uyghur extremists, 81 people in China have been...
by Samuel Wade | May 15, 2014
While Chinese sites are scrubbed of posts on anti-Chinese riots in Vietnam and pre-Tiananmen...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jul 23, 2012
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods