Real estate tycoon turned commentator Ren Zhiqiang, known as “the Cannon” for his online outspokenness, was one of the few liberal “Big V” microbloggers remaining on Weibo after a 2013 rumor crackdown...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 13, 2015
Earlier this month, an avowed member of the volunteer fifty cent party took to China’s...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 22, 2015
At China Real Time, Josh Chin reports on liberal businessman Wang Gongquan’s public...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 16, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 10, 2014
At Reuters, Paul Carsten reports that China’s Supreme People’s Court this week issued...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers