Real estate tycoon turned commentator Ren Zhiqiang, known as “the Cannon” for his online outspokenness, was one of the few liberal “Big V” microbloggers remaining on Weibo after a 2013 rumor crackdown...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 13, 2015
Earlier this month, an avowed member of the volunteer fifty cent party took to China’s...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 22, 2015
At China Real Time, Josh Chin reports on liberal businessman Wang Gongquan’s public...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 16, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 10, 2014
At Reuters, Paul Carsten reports that China’s Supreme People’s Court this week issued...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods