On Monday, Chinese authorities launched an investigation into Baidu’s unethical search...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 3, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Cindy | Apr 18, 2016
According to state television broadcaster CCTV, hundreds of students at Changzhou Foreign...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 2, 2013
China’s rapid development is creating a number of well-documented environmental problems, which in turn are leading to elevated cancer rates, especially in rural regions. Al Jazeera reports: While rising cancer rates are...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 11, 2013
Cancer is now the primary cause of death in Beijing, and air pollution is a major factor in this grim reality. The capital’s dangerous smog caused an “airpocalypse” this January, leading one public health expert to call the...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 12, 2010
Nonsmoking women in one region of Yunnan Province die from lung cancer at a higher rate than anywhere else in the world. The New York Times reports: A group of scientists now say they have a possible explanation: the burning of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods