On Monday, Chinese authorities launched an investigation into Baidu’s unethical search...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 3, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Grace | Apr 18, 2016
According to state television broadcaster CCTV, hundreds of students at Changzhou Foreign...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 2, 2013
China’s rapid development is creating a number of well-documented environmental problems, which in turn are leading to elevated cancer rates, especially in rural regions. Al Jazeera reports: While rising cancer rates are...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 11, 2013
Cancer is now the primary cause of death in Beijing, and air pollution is a major factor in this grim reality. The capital’s dangerous smog caused an “airpocalypse” this January, leading one public health expert to call the...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 12, 2010
Nonsmoking women in one region of Yunnan Province die from lung cancer at a higher rate than anywhere else in the world. The New York Times reports: A group of scientists now say they have a possible explanation: the burning of...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal