The New York Times’ Chris Buckley reports on a new campaign against corruption and disloyalty in China’s public security machinery: Officials in China’s law-and-order apparatus have been ordered to “drive the blade...
Central Party School
by cdtstaff | Jun 12, 2020
About 20 minutes of audio in which a retired Central Party School professor sternly criticizes the state of the Party under Xi Jinping, and declares the current system beyond repair, circulated widely online earlier this month....
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 3, 2018
Amid a multifaceted campaign to maintain ideological orthodoxy, President Xi Jinping’s...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2014
Following repeated urging from the Party’s Organization Department and other quarters for...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 14, 2014
Cultural challenges from the West will be among five threats targeted by Xi Jinping’s new...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 1, 2013
Reports of a relaxation of anti-Dalai Lama policies in Sichuan, Qinghai and even the Tibetan Autonomous Region surfaced last week, only to be swiftly denied by both government and monastery officials. Tibetan writer Woeser added...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 17, 2011
A newly appointed member of the Chinese Communist Party discusses a series of lectures and study sessions at a party school.
by Sophie Beach | Jun 30, 2010
The Guardian reports on the first media tour of the Central Party School in Beijing: “[The purpose of] our party is to serve the people. We have nothing to hide,” said Chen Baosheng, vice president of the Central...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods