Rights lawyer and former “Black Friday” detainee Sui Muqing has been stripped of his...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2016
The Guangdong village of Wukan won global fame and some democratic concessions in 2011 when...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 29, 2013
Monday marked the 45th anniversary of the execution of Lin Zhao, a dissident who wrote criticisms of the government in her own blood while in prison. Despite her official rehabilitation in 1981, visitors to her grave have faced...
by Liu Yong | Aug 12, 2009
From guardian.co.uk: Chinese police are holding 11 people who planned to attend today’s trial of an activist who investigated the death of schoolchildren in last year’s Sichuan earthquake, a high-profile artist and...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms