New draft rules from the Ministry of Justice, translated by China Law Translate, aim to further limit foreign participation and influence in Chinese religious life. Foreign adherents of religious groups not under the umbrella of...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 2, 2018
According to a Vatican source, a deal between the Holy See and Beijing on the appointment of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 16, 2017
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson yesterday delivered public remarks from Washington to mark...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal