New draft rules from the Ministry of Justice, translated by China Law Translate, aim to further limit foreign participation and influence in Chinese religious life. Foreign adherents of religious groups not under the umbrella of...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 2, 2018
According to a Vatican source, a deal between the Holy See and Beijing on the appointment of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 16, 2017
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson yesterday delivered public remarks from Washington to mark...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”