The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 5, 2017
In June 2014, a senior inspector from the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (the...
by Grace | Aug 6, 2015
The Associated Press’ Christopher Bodeen provides an update on journalist Gao Yu’s...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 23, 2015
South China Morning Post’s Verna Yu reports fears for the health of 71-year-old journalist...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 16, 2015
Veteran Chinese journalist Gao Yu, who was detained almost a year ago and tried in November for...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 18, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods