The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 27, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 7, 2014
The AP reports that an earthquake in Yunnan Province on Tuesday evening has killed at least one...
by Cindy | Jul 26, 2013
In response to online criticism that the Red Cross Society of China had exaggerated the expense for water it provided to quake-hit areas of Gansu province, the charity’s Gansu branch director confirmed on Wednesday that...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 26, 2013
The AP reports that at least nine more people are dead, and another eight missing in Gansu province after landslides. Gansu was hit by a 6.6 magnitude quake (5.9 according to the U.S. Geological Survey) on July 22, and as of...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 25, 2013
According to the latest official count, the earthquake that hit Sichuan province last weekend has so far been the cause of 196 deaths, 12,211 injuries, and 76,000 damaged houses. As the dust has been settling, stories of tragedy...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions