The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 28, 2012
The death toll from typhoon Son-Tinh has risen sharply in the Philippines as the storm continued to head towards China. According to AlertNet, the typhoon reached China at around 15:00 GMT: Typhoon Son-tinh struck China at about...
by Michael Zhao | Feb 16, 2007
Jams and congestions, that is China! No exception for flying, as many of us have experienced with delays catching planes. With Olympics coming, China will take actions. Via the Wall Street Journal (photo: Cathay and Dragonair adding flights to China, via takungpao): Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport shut down for four hours one afternoon in December […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal