Guangzhou hosted 800 legal professionals from 57 countries at the Global Lawyers Forum this week. The event partly coincided with International Human Rights Day on Tuesday, which the E.U. delegation to China marked by...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 10, 2019
On Tuesday, International Human Rights Day, spokesperson Hua Chunying mounted a familiar defense of China’s rights record at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ regular press conference: Q: It’s the Human Rights...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2018
Liu Xia’s departure from China to Berlin three weeks ago appeared sudden after almost a year...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 23, 2015
Veteran rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng was reportedly unable to speak intelligibly when he emerged...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 30, 2014
A joint letter from nine organizations urges President Barack Obama to publicly emphasize human...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 13, 2014
Rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng is suffering from malnutrition and psychological trauma following his...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal