Guangzhou hosted 800 legal professionals from 57 countries at the Global Lawyers Forum this week. The event partly coincided with International Human Rights Day on Tuesday, which the E.U. delegation to China marked by...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 10, 2019
On Tuesday, International Human Rights Day, spokesperson Hua Chunying mounted a familiar defense of China’s rights record at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ regular press conference: Q: It’s the Human Rights...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2018
Liu Xia’s departure from China to Berlin three weeks ago appeared sudden after almost a year...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 23, 2015
Veteran rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng was reportedly unable to speak intelligibly when he emerged...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 30, 2014
A joint letter from nine organizations urges President Barack Obama to publicly emphasize human...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 13, 2014
Rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng is suffering from malnutrition and psychological trauma following his...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods