Recent government statistics have shown that, in 2015, China’s economy grew at the slowest...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 27, 2015
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) working paper on fiscal policy and income inequality in China...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 5, 2013
With scores of recent graduates joining the ranks of Chinese youth competing for a limited number...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 5, 2013
Last month, the Chinese government made the country’s official gini coefficient public for the first time since 2000. The official number, which measures the level of economic inequality in a society on a scale of 0 to 1,...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 10, 2012
In his address to the assembled 18th Party Congress on Thursday, president and Party general secretary Hu Jintao stressed the importance of battling corruption. A survey conducted by China Youth Daily last week, though, showed...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions