A record number of Chinese tourists have traveled outside of the mainland this year, and Hong Kong...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 6, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 1, 2012
As China commenced a week-long National Day vacation known as Golden Week, authorities decided to do car travelers a favor and make the roads toll-free. With train tickets for the long holiday selling out fast, and an increasing...
by Kate Zhao | Nov 22, 2007
From Los Angeles Times: Jiang Xingjun hates holidays here. Rather than providing respite or relaxation, China’s three national vacation weeks — one observed in winter, one in spring and one in fall — are often more like hell on wheels, with jam-packed planes, trains and automobiles gone berserk, he says. On cue, hundreds of millions […]
by Kate Zhao | Jul 2, 2007
From Keralanext.com: China’s government is likely to scrap up its “golden week” holiday system and make public holidays of more traditional festivals by 2009, a Chinese tourism expert has revealed. The week-long May Day holiday would be shortened to one day and the National Day holiday to two days, Zhang Hui, dean of the tourism […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo