The number of prosecutions under Xi Jinping’s signature anti-corruption campaign fell last year...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 5, 2012
Guangdong artist He Guoqiang posted this blog entry on November 1, 2009, recalling his provocative performance art piece in honor of the opening of the 16th Party Congress in 2002. Photos from his performance reemerged online...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 12, 2009
The Associated Press reports on the latest corruption crackdown in China: China has found $1.5 billion in public money held illegally by officials across the country in a crackdown since June, the latest measure of the...
by Paulina Hartono | Nov 20, 2009
He Guoqiang (贺国强), Politburo Standing Committee member and head of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, recently spoke about the utility of the Internet as a channel to gather comments for fighting corruption. From...
by Liu Yong | Oct 21, 2007
From Xinhua: Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang, He Guoqiang and Zhou Yongkang entered the Political Bureau Standing Committee of the 17th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), the Party’s top leadership, on Monday. The four new members were elected at the first plenary session of the 17th CPC Central Committee. Xi, 54, and […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China