Allegations that a well-connected corporate lawyer repeatedly raped a teenage girl he had guardianship over have generated outrage online after being reported by Chinese media last week. The now 18-year-old girl, using the...
by Natalie Ornell | Aug 30, 2015
Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 3, 2015
CDT has extensively documented the vibrant wordplay used to evade China’s online censors....
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China