At TIME, Maya Rhodan looks at a new report from nonprofit Save the Elephants on China’s...
by Grace | Nov 6, 2014
An environmental watchdog organization has accused Chinese officials and businessmen of smuggling...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 17, 2008
New York Times columnist Nicolas Kristof applauds the International Criminal Court’s recent request for an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar Hassan Al-Bashir, and turns his sights on China: If China continues...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 15, 2008
For background on this story, please see the previous CDT post, UN May Legalize Ivory Sales from Africa to China. From Reuters: China won the right at a U.N. wildlife meeting on Tuesday to import elephant ivory from Africa under...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism