At TIME, Maya Rhodan looks at a new report from nonprofit Save the Elephants on China’s...
by Grace | Nov 6, 2014
An environmental watchdog organization has accused Chinese officials and businessmen of smuggling...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 17, 2008
New York Times columnist Nicolas Kristof applauds the International Criminal Court’s recent request for an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar Hassan Al-Bashir, and turns his sights on China: If China continues...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 15, 2008
For background on this story, please see the previous CDT post, UN May Legalize Ivory Sales from Africa to China. From Reuters: China won the right at a U.N. wildlife meeting on Tuesday to import elephant ivory from Africa under...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods