At TIME, Maya Rhodan looks at a new report from nonprofit Save the Elephants on China’s...
by Cindy | Nov 6, 2014
An environmental watchdog organization has accused Chinese officials and businessmen of smuggling...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 17, 2008
New York Times columnist Nicolas Kristof applauds the International Criminal Court’s recent request for an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar Hassan Al-Bashir, and turns his sights on China: If China continues...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 15, 2008
For background on this story, please see the previous CDT post, UN May Legalize Ivory Sales from Africa to China. From Reuters: China won the right at a U.N. wildlife meeting on Tuesday to import elephant ivory from Africa under...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”