At TIME, Maya Rhodan looks at a new report from nonprofit Save the Elephants on China’s...
by Cindy | Nov 6, 2014
An environmental watchdog organization has accused Chinese officials and businessmen of smuggling...
by Jenny Leung | Oct 3, 2008
The Telegraph’s Mike Pflanz reports: Chinese workers rebuilding roads in northern Kenya are feared to be driving a sharp rise in elephant poaching which has seen dozens of animals slaughtered this year. In the first eight...
by Sophie Beach | May 11, 2007
As Chinese smuggling rings move into Africa, illegal imports of ivory are expanding rapidly, according to a new report from Traffic International. From AP: Worldwide, there are an average of 92 ivory seizures a month — or three a day, the report said. Thirty-two seizures of 1.1 tons or more of ivory were recorded from […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”