At TIME, Maya Rhodan looks at a new report from nonprofit Save the Elephants on China’s...
by Grace | Nov 6, 2014
An environmental watchdog organization has accused Chinese officials and businessmen of smuggling...
by Jenny Leung | Oct 3, 2008
The Telegraph’s Mike Pflanz reports: Chinese workers rebuilding roads in northern Kenya are feared to be driving a sharp rise in elephant poaching which has seen dozens of animals slaughtered this year. In the first eight...
by Sophie Beach | May 11, 2007
As Chinese smuggling rings move into Africa, illegal imports of ivory are expanding rapidly, according to a new report from Traffic International. From AP: Worldwide, there are an average of 92 ivory seizures a month — or three a day, the report said. Thirty-two seizures of 1.1 tons or more of ivory were recorded from […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods