A recent exposé by Kenyan newspaper the Daily Nation details a host of risks to Kenyan sovereignty...
by lisbeth | Oct 16, 2018
Beijing continues to prioritize China-Africa ties, especially in investment, with Xi Jinping...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 7, 2017
As part of a special series on Chinese investment in Africa for the Los Angeles Times, Jonathan...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 15, 2016
This week, 45 Taiwanese citizens were deported from Kenya to China after several were acquitted on...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 21, 2013
In what some viewed as a snub the the U.S., new Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta paid his first...
by Jenny Leung | Oct 3, 2008
The Telegraph’s Mike Pflanz reports: Chinese workers rebuilding roads in northern Kenya are feared to be driving a sharp rise in elephant poaching which has seen dozens of animals slaughtered this year. In the first eight...
by Kate Zhao | Jan 14, 2008
People’s Daily has offered their own take on the post-election turmoil in Kenya: Western-style democracy is to blame. From Reuters: …The People’s Daily, the official newspaper of China’s ruling Communist Party, said Western powers were themselves to blame for imposing colonial rule and then Western-style electoral democracy on Africa. “The Western ‘democracy’ transplanted to Africa […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal