Wukan, once hailed as China’s “democracy village,” has become a site of intense...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 27, 2017
Tsinghua University Professor of Sociology Sun Liping last week launched the WeChat public account...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2016
The Guangdong village of Wukan won global fame and some democratic concessions in 2011 when...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 24, 2013
The AP reports that a Christian congregation’s Christmas meeting in Nanle county, Henan...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”