A suicide bombing in a rural Guangdong village left five dead and five injured on Monday, March 22. A swiftly imposed media blackout left details of the incident vague but it seems that the attacker, a 59-year-old local, was...
by Cindy | Nov 12, 2017
Wukan, once hailed as China’s “democracy village,” has become a site of intense...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 27, 2017
Tsinghua University Professor of Sociology Sun Liping last week launched the WeChat public account...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2016
The Guangdong village of Wukan won global fame and some democratic concessions in 2011 when...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 24, 2013
The AP reports that a Christian congregation’s Christmas meeting in Nanle county, Henan...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms