Since 2011, the U.S. Congress has barred any cooperation with China in space, forcing the country...
manned space flight
by Cindy | Feb 23, 2015
Two mainland Chinese citizens are among the top 100 candidates shortlisted for the Mars One...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 11, 2012
As Shenzhou 9 made a triumphant return earlier this year, China is planning to launch Shenzhou 10 in 2013, Reuters reports: The crew could include one female and two male astronauts, who are scheduled to enter the Tiangong 1...
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 25, 2007
From New York Times: In March, during an otherwise routine budget hearing, Michael D. Griffin, the NASA administrator, warned members of Congress that China’s aggressive space program could “easily” put humans on the Moon before American astronauts are able return to the lunar surface under the space agency’s proposed Moon-Mars project. The China card can […]
CDT in the News
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay