Wednesday marked the beginning of Xi Jinping’s second term as China’s top leader, and...
Mao Zedong Thought
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 19, 2017
Xi Jinping has now been in charge of the Party and state for five years. While Xi’s presumed...
by Natalie Ornell | Mar 18, 2014
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of...
by Scott Greene | Oct 23, 2012
Reuters reports that the legacy of Mao Zedong, long thought untouchable among the pillars of Communist Party orthodoxy, may wane as the next generation of Chinese leaders looks towards reform: Which is why the dropping of the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms