Wednesday marked the beginning of Xi Jinping’s second term as China’s top leader, and...
Mao Zedong Thought
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 19, 2017
Xi Jinping has now been in charge of the Party and state for five years. While Xi’s presumed...
by Natalie Ornell | Mar 18, 2014
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of...
by Scott Greene | Oct 23, 2012
Reuters reports that the legacy of Mao Zedong, long thought untouchable among the pillars of Communist Party orthodoxy, may wane as the next generation of Chinese leaders looks towards reform: Which is why the dropping of the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo