Last November, He Jiankui, a researcher at Shenzhen’s Southern University of Science and Technology, announced that he had successfully used the CRISPR-CaS9 genome-editing tool to alter the embryos of twin girls to make them...
by Grace | May 4, 2016
On Monday, Chinese authorities launched an investigation into Baidu’s unethical search...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 3, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 14, 2014
In August, Shaanxi obstetrician Zhang Shuxia was accused of selling a newborn child after...
by Michael Zhao | Dec 19, 2007
Translated by CDT from China News Agency: China’s Ministry of Health and Chinese Medicine Administration have jointly issued a regulation that aims to set up a evaluation system to tally the medical ethics of doctors in various hospitals and other health care providers in the country. There are three components in the evaluation regime: self-assessment, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods