Five years after his arrest on charges of inciting separatism, Tashi Wangchuk, an advocate for Tibetan-language education, has been released from prison. He attempted to use legal avenues to reinstitute Tibetan-language...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 29, 2016
Economic growth and poverty reduction are two of the Chinese Communist Party’s core goals...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 8, 2014
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods