The Financial Times’ Edward White reports on plans to ban Chinese-owned video streaming...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 28, 2014
The South China Morning Post reports that the newly launched political news website ThePaper.cn...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 5, 2011
Suggestions that Associated Press offices were compromised by hackers in Operation Shady Rat have prompted fears that potentially vulnerable sources may be deterred from coming forward in future. From the South China Morning...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 10, 2005
Via Openflows Networks, from the Japan Times: “A short while ago, when I was in Beijing, I wanted to keep up with some political development in Hong Kong. I turned on my computer and went to the Asia-Pacific page of the BBC’s Web site. Or at least I tried to; I had forgotten that the […]
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 27, 2004
From People’s Daily Online: “China’s Xinhua News Agency has selected the top 10 news stories in China in 2004.”
by Wang Feng | Mar 21, 2004
By Louisa Lim BBC correspondent in Beijing A Chinese court has sentenced the former general manager of an outspoken newspaper to 12 years in prison for bribery and corruption. In China’s tightly-controlled media market, the Southern Metropolis News was one of the most fearless papers. The newspaper has repeatedly embarrassed the authorities by exposing official […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China