For the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson continues his exploration of the journal...
Red Guard apologies
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 27, 2013
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan profiles 60-year-old Zhang Hongbing, whose denunciation of his mother during the Cultural Revolution led to her execution. Zhang is now trying to make amends for his role in his mother’s...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”