For the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson continues his exploration of the journal...
Red Guard apologies
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 17, 2014
As of January 17, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 27, 2013
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan profiles 60-year-old Zhang Hongbing, whose denunciation of his mother during the Cultural Revolution led to her execution. Zhang is now trying to make amends for his role in his mother’s...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods