As of July 16, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Michael Zhao | Jul 7, 2006
From Radio Free Asia: Even as top Communist Party leaders in Beijing still permit no national memorial to the decade of chaos and political violence that was the Cultural Revolution (1966-76), officials in Guangdong have quietly built a museum honoring those who died in the southern province. The museum, which is privately financed and advertises […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms