As of July 16, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
Mar 5, 2013
While baby milk powder is smuggled into China from Hong Kong and around the world due to fears of tainted domestic products, a recent CCTV investigation showed another health hazard for children both in China and abroad. At...
Dec 10, 2012
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies...
Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
Mar 14, 2010
A group of journalism students at Shantou University have put together a website of their stories profiling the daily lives of Shantou residents, from a hard laborer to an artist to a leprosy patient. From the latter story:...
Jul 7, 2006
From Radio Free Asia: Even as top Communist Party leaders in Beijing still permit no national memorial to the decade of chaos and political violence that was the Cultural Revolution (1966-76), officials in Guangdong have quietly built a museum honoring those who died in the southern province. The museum, which is privately financed and advertises […]
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages