Sun Zhengcai, a former Politburo member once seen as a likely contender for a leadership post as...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 12, 2018
Former Politburo member Sun Zhengcai stood trial for bribery in Tianjin on Thursday, the biggest...
by Cindy | Oct 21, 2017
During a panel session at the 19th Party Congress on Thursday, China’s securities commission...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 24, 2013
As of June 23, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). Mystery Cadre and His Mistress: An anonymous netizen posted amorous photos of a man named Li Guangnian and his...
by Wu Nan | Dec 29, 2006
From People’s Daily: China’s top legislature named 43-year-old Sun Zhengcai(Â≠ôÊîøÊâçÔºâ, who has a PhD in agriculture, as the new agriculture minister(MOA) on Friday, making him the country’s youngest ministerial-level official. With a PhD in the China Agricultural University, Sun worked in the Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Science for four years. Sun also used […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”